Thursday, January 30, 2014

data bound visual cue

Ok, I'm still struggling with this. IValueConverter does solve half the problem, the other half is the runtime dynamic nature of the property change.


In my example (in the OP), I have a list of songs bound, for instance, to a ListView. The property IsPlaying is changed in the code-behind when the currently playing songs ends and the next one begins.


From the documentation I have read I have three options:


1) Dependency Object / Dependency Property


2) INotifyPropertyChanged


3) ObservableCollection


And these are my results, so far:


1) Dependency Property does not trigger a refresh of the UI


2) I cannot figure out who/what should handle the PropertyChanged event in order to trigger a UI refresh (especially since I cannot find a function exposed by a xaml ui element which would cause it to refresh)


3) I haven't even gotten into ObservableCollection, too many reams of documentation already have left me drowning and gasping for air.


No comments:

Post a Comment