Monday, March 30, 2015

Windows 10 Store Apps - Best way to get started?

Go to Microsoft Virtual Academy and watch a few videos to get started.


I have a 'Hello World' Universal App article on my blog (http://ift.tt/1HZj2Ou). I explain the basics of working in Visual Studio.


And ask any questions you have in this forum.


You could stay away from XAML it first (by that I mean just use the visual designer and ignore the actual XAML code). But as a web developer you should pick up XAML easily. Windows 10 apps should be laid out similarly to websites to adapt to different screens.


Use C# over VB if you're deciding between the two. It's much harder to find help with VB, and C# is such a great language anyway.




I'm a self-taught noob amateur. Please take this into account when responding to my posts or when taking advice from me.


No comments:

Post a Comment