Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Report parameter variable in SSRS 2008 R2

Hi,


Thanks for your response. I've followed the blogs and tried to implement something but it is not returning what I want, and it could just be either I haven't explained what I'm trying to do correctly or I'm implemeting it incorrectly in which I'll just keep going with it if it's me.


To clarify what I'm trying to do is to create a single SSRS report and have the total number requests in the table by organisation, so I get one row for each organisation. Then I wish to add in a parameter so that I can then split the row total for each group up by the selected variable. For example age group or gender.


The user, at their discretion, can change which variable they want to break the data down by but can only break it down by one at a time.


I don't want to create several reports, one for each dimension, but just one report with a variable drop down list.


Essentially I'm looking to do something like:


case when parameter = AgeGroup then columngroup = AgeGroup


when paremeter = Gender then columngroup = Gender


etc. as the paraemter will be coming from a fixed list, however I don't know how to pass the parameter value to become the column grouping.


Thanks



No comments:

Post a Comment