Wednesday, April 30, 2014

MDI parent and child help

HI, to say i am new to programming is an understatement, but i am clicking and trying various possibilities to get my MDIparent form to work correctly (or as i need).


So far i have managed to build the MDIparent with a ToolStrip and a few child forms. I have even managed to get the child forms to display within the parent. My problem is that i only require 1 child at any one time. If i hit the same button again it creates a new instance of the same form and if i hit another button it will open the new form.


If anyone knows how i can get a button to check and close other forms before opening the new one it would be a great help. Also preventing multiple instance of the same form would help to.


I have gone over a multitude of code examples and snippets and my brain is starting to get clogged up with info.


Please try and explain as basically as possible.


Thanks in advance



No comments:

Post a Comment