Sunday, August 31, 2014

App Settings for Universal Apps


Brilliant.


I couldn't find the definition for windows store apps so I went with:



// App specific namespaces initialized
#if WINDOWS_PHONE_APP
//none
#else
using Windows.UI.ApplicationSettings;
#endif



This allowed me to declare the namespace no problem and the app is now running. Thanks for your extremely timely help.



If you're still reading this: How did you get the Windows Phone version to compile? Even if I move the using and the method that creates the SettingsFlyout into the #else block, the Windows Phone version still won't compile because it doesnt know the namespace Windows. UI.ApplicationSettings. The Windows 8.1 version runs finde however.


I solved the problem by moving App.xaml out of the shard folder. With tho App.xamls it compiles fine. Any downsides to this? I didn't notice any.


No comments:

Post a Comment