Friday, November 28, 2014

SSRS - A Subreport background image is overridden by background image of parent report

Hi Vicky,


Thanks for your reply. My issue is the other way around. The image of my main sub report is showing on my sub report, ignoring the conditional imaging I have on my sub report.


Let me explain the scenario:


My main report is a parent that can will have the image turned on based on a condition. The sub reports which are children to the main report also have an image that is turned on based on a condition.


If the parent's decision is to turn the image on, then that image overrides the sub report's conditional imaging and all the sub reports get the parent's image.


If the parent's decision is to turn the image OFF, then that image being turned off overrides the sub report's conditional imaging and all the sub reports don't get an image either.


The bottom line is because both the parent and sub reports have conditional imaging, the sub reports will always get what the parent decides.


The way I proved that the sub reports conditional imaging worked is I took the imaging completely off the parent report, ran the report, and then the sub reports turned the image either on or off based on the condition.


What I need is for the sub report to make its own decision on whether to show the background image regardless of the what the parent is doing to itself.


Thanks,




James


No comments:

Post a Comment