Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Adding a new project to a Windows 8 app with VS 2013

Dear forum,


After too long a break, I'm going back to updating a Windows 8 app I published a while back. I've recently upgraded to Windows 8.1 and VS 2013 Pro. I have a list of best practices I'm finally starting to implement, one of which is hosting my code on Visual Studio Online. So far, the integration with VS 2013 is very nice. Another best practice is that I'm factoring out a lot of view model code into its own library, which is long overdue. However, when I add a new project in VS 2013, it won't let me say that the project should be a Windows 8 project. I didn't think this would be a problem, but now I can't reference the new project from the existing one (I get a delightfully helpful "Unable to add reference to project" error). I don't want to retarget it, because I want users who are still on Win8 to be able to get the updates. But I also want to keep using VS2013, especially for VS Online. What should I do? Is the target mismatch the root cause? Can I get the new library to work with Windows 8?




KeepMyIdentities, Your Key to Password Security. Available now on the Windows Store: http://apps.microsoft.com/webpdp/en-US/app/keepmyidentities/61a9f340-97ac-4666-beab-39f9246cb6fa


No comments:

Post a Comment