Saturday, January 31, 2015

Cannot install/uninstall/debug my app

Hi,


when I was trying to install my app from Store yesterday, WP8.1 Silverlight app on Lumia 1520 with 8.1 Dev Preview, the installation got stucked and I had to restart my phone. After the restart I can no longer install this app from Store, it always ends with the same error. I cannot even install this app from Visual Studio.




Error 6Installation of the application failed. The application is already installed, or update or uninstall is running.


Note I can install and uninstall other apps from Store, another phone restart and Soft Reset has not fixed this. The app is also not listed in the installed app list.


I know that changing the app identity in manifest should work for deploying from Visual Studio, but the problem is here installation of the app from Store. I need to test the functionality of the actually published and that's not possible right now.


Is there anything I can do, is there maybe some installation cleanup utility or tool to use? Hard Reset is really not an option here since it's my primary device for daily use.


Thanks


No comments:

Post a Comment