Thursday, April 30, 2015

Creating a trial app with a feature that expires after being used twice

What I'm saying is the built in trial mode for windows 8 app makes the app completely non-functional once the trial expires.  In order to achieve what you want, which is full functionality either for a time or for a number of app opening before going into limited mode, you will have to write your own code for it. 

I'm just telling you that it is possible to achieve this.  Took me a time but eventually I figured out how.  I'm assuming you do not want your app to keep track of the specific user and cross check with a record stored online somewhere.  This would be another option. 

The point is there's a way because I've effectively achieved this.  I don't want to just say it out loud because I don't want my method to be widely known.  Just keep thinking about it and you'll figure out how to do this.

Yeah I think I know what code you are referring to! Thanks though :)

No comments:

Post a Comment