Thursday, April 30, 2015

I want to learn 2D game programming. But, I am confused!

I want to make a 2D game in C#. I have begun learning C# on my own. But, I am confused sbout what to learn after c# to make a game. I hear many things like XNA, MDX, Monogame, SlimDX, SharpDX, Frameworks, game engines, IDE's etc. To me all of this has caused a great confusion. The C# game tutorial I am learning is based on MDX (Managed DirectX). Now, I realise that MDX and XNA is dead. I am confused if I want to change my tutorial itself. Can anyone clear things out for me and tell what i need to learn step by step? I really don't even know what all the sh*t (.NET ,XNA, Monogame, SharpDX, xxx, xxxx, xxxx etc.) really is or what it does or which is better or even what the differences are. So please explain everything to me. Please help!

No comments:

Post a Comment