I can appreciate the wisdom in that. I've been a martial arts instructor for years, and often say the same thing to my students. Don't be in a rush to perform like a master, just focus on the basics and your perfection of them will make you into the master. Guess in this new adventure I forgot myself, so thanks for the feedback - its a big help and truly appreciated.
If you have any other good sources of beginner info, I'll certainly check those out as well. I've been reading knowledge bases (or trying to), and been working the tutorials as best I can. I've been working in C# in Visual Studio, as I thought C# seemed to be general purpose enough to facilitate the transition to other languages, such as java. I've got the Netbeans IDE, but haven't spent much time with it as I was trying to nail down something like a C language first. This seemed to be to be a good enough approach...?
I've also recently downloaded the Greenfoot client, as I guess its meant to teach teenagers scripting and the like. Not a good sign, as I couldn't get the first program to load correctly :-/ Oh well...I will persevere and soon, this rocky beginning will be a pleasant memory
No comments:
Post a Comment