seppiku --- another word of advice, if I may. Until you really get the feel and the "lay of the land", so to speak, you should probably avoid copy/paste. The reason is that if you type code yourself, you'll see how Visual Studio's Intellisense really helps you see what's going on. You'll also see right away that you have one problem (like the missing curly-brackets I mentioned) before it all escalates into many missing curly-brackets (which then might be harder to find where they're missing from).
With the copy/paste approach, you've copied in a ton of code (maybe many methods, or many classes) all at once. You won't learn as much, you won't see how Intellisense works, you'll miss obvious errors that Visual Studio points out to you along the way as you type (look for those squiggly red lines under your code ... they show up as soon as you're done typing a line of code that's missing something).
It may be more time-consuming to do it by hand initially instead of copy/paste ... but you'll learn all that much faster. Really, I'm not making this up!! LOL!
~~Bonnie Berent DeWitt [C# MVP]
http://geek-goddess-bonnie.blogspot.com
No comments:
Post a Comment