Thanks all,
I went through all the links except provided by Tom Phillips, couldn't open it. The thing is that I know results of a Agent job are stored in a table and I can create a SSRS report too and subscribe it to myself or I can use these system tables as a source for my destination table (as asked in the question) and create a job to run that code every (so) minutes. But what if the subscription to that report got failed due to network error and what if the job which is managing other jobs, itself fails.
Is there any full proof idea which I can implement. My client has 2008 R2 installed.
I have created an object termed as Alerts_FollowUp which I use for sending SMS to respective owner including me. The idea is to make an entry into a table with job name and status. If it status is failed then via Job name I can pick the owner name and number stored in my master table and have an entry done in the Alerts_FollowUp. After this using FIORANO I am sending these records to a telecom lease line network which are sending my texts to the respective mobile numbers.
I believe the provided explanation was necessary and sufficient.
Please use Mark as Answer; if my reply solved your problem. Use Vote As Helpful if a post was useful. |http://ift.tt/1cCGy04 | |+91-9742-354-384 |
No comments:
Post a Comment